This site supports the following Web browsers:
- Firefox 3+ for Windows and Mac OS X
- Google Chrome 10+ for Windows and Mac OS X
- Internet Explorer 7+ for Windows
- Safari 3+ for Mac OS X
|Username and password access|
You may read this journal without creating an account. However, an account is required to receive journal email alerts and to comment on articles. Accounts are free.
To access the journal manuscript management system, authors are required to register with the journal for a free account. You will be assigned a unique username and password which should be used for all manuscript related tasks.
You can register as:
- Reader: It is not a necessity to read the full-text of the articles. However, this will allow you to receive notifications on the latest articles published online.
- Author: This will allow you to submit manuscripts to this journal.
- Reviewer: This means that you are willing to review the scholarly merits of manuscripts and to help authors to improve their work.
Cannot log in?
- Do you have a username and password? No – click here to register.
- Did you misplace your username and password? Yes – click here to reset it.
- Did you enable the cookies in your web browser? No – click here to view instructions.
Tried all of the above and it is still not working?
- The screen does not move past the login page? Yes – it might be that if you are accesssing the journal website from a university server that the proxy setting on that server is preventing you from logging into the journal website. Please contact your university's technical team to assess whether this might be the cause.
- No problem with proxy settings, but not able to log into the system? Yes – click here to contact the Title Operations Coordinator.
| Uploading manuscripts
Cannot upload your manuscript? Large files (> 13 MB) may be difficult to upload. Try to use lower quality imagery in the Word document, and upload higher quality imageries in Step 4 of the submission process.
Contact details for immediate assistance: +27 (0)86 1000 381 or +27 (0)21 975 2602 [Business hours 08:00–16:30 weekdays] or email: email@example.com
|Add and View Comments
To add a comment to an article as a whole, first make sure you are logged into the journal website. At the bottom of the article abstract itself, you will click on the link 'add comment'. Alternatively, you can click on the reading tools functionality called 'Post a Comment' on the sidebar on the right.
We encourage comments that:
- Are 'on topic', and that respond to the content in the article - comment must be evidence-based, not authority-based
- Are responses to comments left by other readers
- Are brief and to-the-point
- Have a positive/constructive tone
- Might disagree with the content in the article, but they never insult the writer of the article, or other commenters - when disagreeing the comment is accurately referenced and, where possible avoiding speculation about the motivations, beliefs or prejudices of authors.
We discourage comments that:
- Are not 'on topic', or are not responding to other comments or the content in the article
- Insult the writer of the article or other commenters
- Are excessively long or negative in tone
We will delete comments, without notice, that:
- Are abusive, harassing, threatening or vulgar
- Are personal attacks, including name-calling or celebrations of another person's death or misfortune
- Contain advertising or spam
- Are disruptive, including personal conversations better suited for private messaging
Any users who consistently transgress these conventions will have their user privileges removed.
|Alerting publisher of inappropriate comments
To request review of a comment you believe to be inappropriate, contact the publisher immediately. AOSIS OpenJournals staff will investigate the concern, which may involve consulting external experts if necessary. Any comments that AOSIS staff deem to be inappropriate will be removed. Any users who consistently posts inappropriate material will have their user privileges removed. Click here to view contact details of publisher.
AOSIS OpenJournals is the final arbiter of the suitability of content for inclusion in AOSIS OpenJournals websites.
|ISSN: 2078-1865 (print) | ISSN: 1560-683X (online)||Follow us on:|
All articles published in this journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
©2015 AOSIS (Pty) Ltd. All Rights Reserved. No Unauthorised Duplication Allowed.
AOSIS Publishing | Perfecting Scholarship Online
Postnet Suite #110, Private Bag X19, Durbanville, South Africa, 7551
Tel: 086 1000 381
Tel: +27 21 975 2602
Fax: 086 5004 974