Before formal submission, potential contributors are invited to either enquire whether or not a particular article would be of interest to the Editorial Board, or to obtain advice about the way in which a manuscript should be prepared for submission.
- Title Operations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor-in-Chief: email@example.com
- Technical assistance: If you require technical assistance in submitting your manuscript to SA Journal of Information Management, you will find details of how to contact AOSIS OpenJournals support directly by clicking here.
The SA Journal of Information Management publishes research that is aimed at both the academic and business worlds, whereby the content is both innovative and critical in its approach, offering insightful research material that can be used to further the application of sound information management practices.. This peer reviewed journal’s Editor-in-Chief isPieter van Brakel and is assisted by an expert Editorial Board. Each article published by SA Journal of Information Management is freely available online (Open Access) and follows a specific format as detailed in the corresponding instructions for authors.
The instructions for authors include information about the criteria for publication, preparing a manuscript for submission to the SA Journal of Information Management and the online submission process. Other relevant information about the journal's policies and the refereeing process can be found under the 'Resources' section.
|Criteria for publication
In order to be accepted for publication in the SA Journal of Information Management, research must satisfy the following criteria:
- The study should present the results of primary scientific research.
- Results reported have not been published elsewhere.
- Experiments, statistics and other analyses are performed according to a high technical standard and are described in sufficient detail so that another researcher is able to reproduce the experiments described.
- Conclusions are presented in an appropriate fashion and are supported by the data.
- The article is presented in an intelligible fashion and is written in clear and unambiguous Standard English.
- The research meets all applicable standards for the ethics of experimentation and research integrity.
- The article adheres to appropriate reporting guidelines and community standards for data availability.
|Types of articles accepted|
The SA Journal of Information Management publishes the following type of article (click on the link to learn more about the format and structure requirements):
- Original Research: Original research articles should inform readers of innovative research in a particular field within or related to the focus and scope of the journal presented according to a clear and well-structured format. Research published in this section should add to the existing body of knowledge published in this field (between 3500–7000 words with a maximum of 60 references).
The SA Journal of Infomarion Management uses the Harvard referencing system (click on the link below to view the Harvard referencing guide):
Authors and referees are asked to declare any competing interests. Copyright rests with authors. For more information on the copyright of articles, see our publisher's copyright and license policy under the 'Editorial details' and 'Resources' sections.
|Online submission process
You will need an author account with the SA Journal of Information Management to submit a manuscript.
Here follows detailed instructions on how to submit articles online:
- After you have logged in and clicked on 'Author', click on the link under 'start a new submission' to go to step 1 of the five-step submission process.
- Enter data and answer questions as prompted.
- Click on the Next button on each screen to save your work and advance to the next screen.
- You are required to upload your files in two separate steps. Step 2: Upload single submission file – Click on the Browse button and locate the file on your computer. When you have selected the file you wish to upload, click the Upload button. Note: You have a limit of 15MB for a single file you upload. Review your submission (in a Word .doc) before sending it to the Editors. Step 4: Upload cover page and other multiple supplementary file(s).
- Click on the Browse button and locate the file on your computer.
- Select the designation of your supplementary files (.eps, .xls).
- When you have selected the file you wish to upload, click the Upload button. Note: You have a limit of 15MB for a single file you upload.
- Repeat steps 1–3 until all supplementary files have been uploaded. Note: You can only upload 1 supplementary file at a time.
- Review your submission online in Step 5 before sending it to the Editors.
- Click the Finish Submit button when you are done reviewing.
- Click here to view a video on how to submit an article online.
- Click here to view a video on how to proofread your article.
The submission process can be interrupted at any time; when users return to the site they can continue where they left off. After completing the submission, you will receive a submission confirmation via email. You can also log in to the SA Journal of Information Management at any time to check the status of your manuscript.
|ISSN: 2078-1865 (print) | ISSN: 1560-683X (online)||Follow us on:|
All articles published in this journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License.
©2014 AOSIS (Pty) Ltd. All Rights Reserved. No Unauthorised Duplication Allowed.
AOSIS OpenJournals | Perfecting Scholarship Online
Postnet Suite #110, Private Bag X19, Durbanville, South Africa, 7551
Tel: 086 1000 381
Tel: +27 21 975 2602
Fax: 086 5004 974