Already have a Username/Password for SA Journal of Information Management?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I am duly authorised and herewith grant the publisher unlimited rights to publish the work in any format and/or medium, whether for gain or any other purpose.
- I have ensured that my submission conforms to the journal’s various Editorial Policies and meets the journal’s Editorial Criteria.
- I have checked and adhered to the journal’s website for instructions to authors regarding the specific formatting requirements for submissions.
- I declare that my submission has not been previously published in its current or a substantially similar form.
- I declare that the article is not before or under another journal for consideration.
- I understand that the entire manuscript must be neatly prepared and spell checked.
- References: Formatted as per the Author Guidelines (All references are in Harvard style)
Check references for:
- The article does not contain any unlawful statements and does not infringe any existing copyright.
I have obtained the necessary permission from the copyright holder/s to reproduce in the article, in all media in all countries, and transmit via all reputable third parties, any materials including tables, diagrams and photographs not owned by me.
- All authors have received a final version of the article, take responsibility for the content, agree to its publication and the order of the authors listed on the paper.
- Anyone that has made a significant contribution to the research and the paper has been listed as an author. Minor contributors have been noted in the Acknowledgements section.
- I have declared any potential conflict of interest in the research. Any support from a third party has been noted in the Acknowledgements.
- Equations: Formatted as per the Author Guidelines
- Set display equations in MathType. Each display equation should be in its own MathType object. Each MathType object should contain the entire equation, including final punctuation.
- Set in-text (inline) math in Microsoft Word regular text.
Tables: Formatted as per the Author Guidelines
- Submitted as a separate file to the main body of the article
- Position of each table clearly labelled in the body text of article
- Corresponding labels clearly shown
- Figures: Formatted as per the Author Guidelines
- High quality
- Numbered consecutively
- Unicode: Formatted as per the Author Guidelines
- The font type and symbols used in your manuscript needs to be in Unicode format to arrive in the same form and be compatible between the different computer systems.
- I have included the cover page on the first page of my manuscript, and it contains:
- Article title: Provide a short title of 50 characters or less.
- Significance of work: Briefly state the significance of the work being reported on.
- Full author details: Title(s), Full name(s), Position(s), Affiliation(s) and contact details (postal address, email, telephone and cellular number) of each author.
- Corresponding author: Identify to whom all correspondence should be addressed to.
- Authors’ contributions: Briefly summarise the nature of the contribution made by each of the authors listed, along the lines of the following: J.K. (University of Pretoria) was the project leader, L.M.N. (University of KwaZulu-Natal) and A.B. (University of Stellenbosch) were responsible for experimental and project design. L.M.N. performed most of the experiments. P.R. made conceptual contributions and S.T. (University of Cape Town), U.V. (University of Cape Town) and C.D. (University of Cape Town) performed some of the experiments. S.M. (Cape Peninsula University of Technology) and V.C. (Cape Peninsula University of Technology) prepared the samples and calculations were performed by C.S., J.K. (Cape Peninsula University of Technology) and U.V. wrote the manuscript.
- Summary: Lastly, a list containing the number of words, pages, tables, figures and/or other supplementary material should accompany the submission.
- The following legal documents need to be submitted with the manuscript online in Step 4 of the submission process:
- Ownership of copyright in terms of the Work remains with the authors.
- The authors retain the non-exclusive right to do anything they wish with the Work, provided attribution is given to the place and detail of original publication, as set out in the official citation of the Work published in the journal. The retained right specifically includes the right to post the Work on the authors’ or their institutions’ websites or institutional repository.
- The authors grant the title owner and the publisher an irrevocable license and first right and perpetual subsequent right to (a) publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Work in any form/medium, (b) to translate the Work into other languages, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the Work or other derivative works based on the Work and exercise all of the rights set forth in (a) above in such translations, adaptations, summaries, extracts and derivative works, (c) to license others to do any or all of the above, and (d) to register the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) for the Definitive Work.
- The authors acknowledge and accept the user licence under which the Work will be published as set out in http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/za/legalcode (Creative Commons Attribution License South Africa)
- The undersigned warrant that they have the authority to license these publication rights and that no portion of the copyright to the Work has been assigned or licensed previously to any other party.
Disclaimer: The publisher, editors and title owner accept no responsibility for any statement made or opinion expressed by any other person in this Work. Consequently, they will not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by any reader as a result of his or her action upon any statement or opinion in this Work.
In cases where a manuscript is NOT accepted for publication by the editorial board, the portions of this agreement regarding the publishing licensing shall be null and void and the authors will be free to submit this manuscript to any other publication for first publication.
Our copyright policies are author-friendly and protect the rights of our authors and publishing partners.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
ISSN: 2078-1865 (print) | ISSN: 1560-683X (online)
Subscribe to our newsletter
All articles published in this journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) license.
©2016 AOSIS (Pty) Ltd. All Rights Reserved. No Unauthorised Duplication Allowed.
AOSIS Publishing | Empowering Africa through access to knowledge
Postnet Suite #110, Private Bag X19, Durbanville, South Africa, 7551
Tel: 086 1000 381
Tel: +27 21 975 2602
Fax: 086 5004 974
publishing(AT)aosis.co.za replace (AT) with @Please read the privacy statement.